Here is an updated finish of a freebie I stitched in May. I added a little embroidery in the corners and around the pictures. It isn't a lot but I think it adds a bit of visual interest in any case.
I wasn't quite happy with my 4 snowflakes finish:
So I added a bit of beading and some stitching around the border. I think it helps a lot. It was a bit dull. But I don't think I can "fix" the real problem, which is that stitching over 1 -- really requires that those tiny stitches have high contrast with the background fabric. I missed a bit there. Oh well. It's on ok piece now, I think. On to the next thing now!